Frequently Asked QuestionsSome helpful answers about building in Taranaki
How do we get started?
The first step is for you to contact us to arrange a meeting with you to discuss your ideas.
We always recommend to meet at the job location.
How long will the project take?
All building projects are different. Hofmans builders will provide you with a project time line as a guide to when you’re build will be completed, this may alter from time to time depending on suppliers and weather.
How much does it cost to get a building estimate?
We do not charge for cost estimates for building or renovation projects. You will only start to incur costs once a contract is signed with Hofmans Builders. If you require a concept plan we can help you through the process for a small fee.
Can you advise us on the whole building project?
We have a direct relationship with many specialists – engineers, solicitors, valuers, financial planners, lenders, landscape designers to name a few – and this can be hugely beneficial and allows us to completely advise and guide you on all aspects of your building project.
Is building safe?
Hofmans Builders are committed to creating and maintaining safe and healthy environments on all our work sites.
We are committed to meeting the requirements of the Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992, Health & Safety Regulations 1995 and relevant Codes of Practice, so you can be assured of a safe work site around your home building project.
What does 'Registered Master Builder' mean?
Registered Master Builders are dedicated to building New Zealanders unique places to live, work and play.
The Registered Master Builders brand is a recognised hallmark of quality. If you’re building or renovating, you can be sure that you’re dealing with qualified and experienced builders who take pride the quality of their workmanship.
Why should I choose Hofmans Builders for my building project?
- By working with Hofmans Builders you can feel confident you’re working with a Registered Master Builder and a licensed building practitioner.
- We provide you with a service that is personal and first class. It doesn’t just end there, continued after sales service excellence is something we pride ourselves on with 90 day & 1 year free maintenance checks on the work carried out.
- We keep right up-to-date with the latest changes in the New Zealand Building Act and incorporate them directly into your project.
- Work with a team of professional builders that won’t talk jargon but can fully explain things in everyday English.
- Hofmans Builders are a New Plymouth locally run family business
- Hofmans Builders are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment on all our work sites..
What is a 'Master Build Guarantee'?
Whether building a new home or renovating – ask your builder for the Master Build Guarantee.
The Master Build Guarantees are the most comprehensive products available on the market. Only a Registered Master Builder can offer our Guarantees – the best products being offered by the best builders!
Our Guarantees cover residential building work with a contract price of $25,000 and over and cover full-contract, labour-only and managed labour-only work carried out by a Registered Master Builder. Work by subcontractors, as well as materials and rot is covered, but conditions apply.
It is important to note that the Guarantee is not automatic upon hiring a Registered Master Builder – you must complete the documentation with your builder and ensure that it is sent through to Master Build Services.